Academic Activities Conducted -
1) Student Seminar : (I MBBS : Batch 2013 -14)
Topic: 1) Blood Glucose homeostasis
2) Growth & Aging
2) Guest Lecture :
Topic :- 1) Intraoperative Neurophysiological monitoring
2) Assessment of vascular functions in clinical and research set up
Guest Speaker : - Dr. Ashok Jaryal, Additional Professor in Physiology, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Day/Date : - Monday the 5th Jan. 2015
Dr. Mrs. Leena Phadke (Associate Professor) was invited as visiting faculty, in the workshop at Munich Adult Education Open University, Munich, Germany on 11th to 17th September 2017.
CME conducted by Dept of pathology & Blood Bank- Safe blood Transfusion on 17/06/2014 in Lecture Hall No-04, at Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College.
Workshop conducted by Dept of pathology Liquid based Cytology on 26/06/2015 in Histopathology Section , Pathology Department at Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College.
Scientific Seminar on TTD Testing conducted by Blood bank with pathology Department, in Seminar hall of Pathology on 21st January 2016. All the technicians working in various sections of Microbiology and pathology department including Blood Bank participated in the seminar.
A CME was organized by Dept. of Pathology Seth G.S. Medical College KEM hospital , Parel ,Mumbai March 2016. Attended By PG Student - Dr. Supriya Niraspatil. (M.D), Dr. Sukhada Patil .(M.D, Dr. Ashwini Morale (M.D). Dr. Chaitanya Khilare (M.D), Dr. Piyush Sahu (M.D), Dr. Anuja Nasare (DCP).
Organized by department of pathology, sri Rmaachandra Medical College & Reseatch Institute,Chennai, Tamilnadu from 6th to 12th January 2017 Attended by PG Student Dr.Dhande Ashish, Dr. Chitrangi P. Barpande, Dr.Aniket R. Kakade, Dr. Kothikar Vishaka V.
Conducted by department of pathology, Rural medical college loni and international society of oncopathology, Canada form 21st -22nd January 2017 at pune was attended by Dr. Bageshri Gogate.
A workshop "Result Matters" was arranged by Department of Pathology for all lab technicians from department of Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry & Blood Bank. It was held on 18th July 2017 from 11.30 am to 4.00 pm. The detailed schedule is attached herewith. It was attended by around 67 participants.
Department of Pathology had arranged guest lecture by Dr. Charulata Pamnani, HOD, Pathology at wockhardt at hospital, Mumbai on “Dry slide technology” on 18th July 2017 at Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital, Pune.
Academic Activities Conducted -
Seminar during the year 2013 – 14 :
Title : I MBBS students’ group seminar on ‘Applied Biochemistry’.
Dates & Duration : 25/02/14, 01/03/14, 04/03/14. 2.00 – 3.00pm (1hour) on each day. Total: 3 hours
II term MBBS students conducted group seminar on ‘Applied Biochemistry’. 32 students participated as student speakers. 2-4 students formed one group. They conducted seminars on various topics of applied biochemistry in front of rest students in their respective batches. All presentations were evaluated by faculty of biochemistry department.
Organizers : Department of Biochemistry.
Faculty : A) Coordinator and guide - Dr. Mamata V. Hegde, Dr. Vrushali P. Suryakar, Dr. Santosh B. Hunsnalle
B) Student speakers - 32 students
Participants : 100
Seminar during the year 2014 – 15 :
Title : I MBBS students’ group seminar on ‘Applied Biochemistry’.
Dates & Duration : 12/02/15, 14/02/15, 21/02/15. 2.00 – 3.00pm (1hour) on each day. Total: 3 hours
II term MBBS students conducted group seminar on ‘Applied Biochemistry’. 60 students participated as student speakers. 2-4 students formed one group. They conducted seminars on various topics of applied biochemistry in front of rest students in their respective batches. All presentations were evaluated by faculty of biochemistry department.
Organizers : : Department of Biochemistry.
Faculty : A) Coordinator and guide - Dr. Mamata V. Hegde & Dr. Santosh B. Hunsnalle
B) Student speakers - 60 students
Participants : 150
Academic Activities conducted :
1) Two Guest Lectures were arranged on 8/04/ 2015 in association with Biochemistry dept. for post graduate students, teaching Faculty and technicians. Details are as follows-
Guest speaker – Dr. M.P. Bankar, Professor and Head,Biochemistry,BJMC,Pune.
Lectures: - 1) PCR- Basics to Advanced
2) Applications of PCR in various diseases.
2) Participation for the laboratory diagnosis of malaria in CME on Malaria conducted at SKNMC&GH on world malaria day organized in association with dept. of Medicine on 24/04/2014.
3) Participation for the role of microbiology in HIV in CME on HIV Manifestations conducted at SKNMC&GH organized in association with dept. of Ophthalmology on 12/06/2015.
4) Participation as faculty in MET Basic Workshop conducted :
9/04/2014 to 11/04/2015 – Aundh, Pune.
6/08/2014 to 8/8/2014 – SKNMC&GH Pune.
4/02/2015 to 6/02/2015 – Sinhagad Dental college Vadgaon, Pune.
Dr. R. S. Bangal, Prof. & HOD, FMT, conducted the MD (FMT) examination at Dept of FMT. PIMS, Loni from 30th Nov. to 1st Dec.2015.
As a part of Organ Donation Campaign-2016, an essay competition was organized by the Department of Forensic Medicine.
Departmental Activities :
1. Basic Workshop in Research Methodology was conducted for PG students and PG teachers from 15th-17th January 2014“,2nd April to 4th 2014 and 11th to 13th August 2014.Dr(Col)PS Chawla was the Convenor. Dr(AirCmde)Kevin Fernandez, Dr.Dhrubjyoti Debnath, Dr Harshal Pandve and Dr.Madhura Ashturkar were the resource persons from the department.
2. IPHA Zonal Quiz Competition was organized in the Auditorium on 04th April 2012.Dr.Harshal Pandve from the department was the quiz master.
3. CME on Topic : Multi drug resistance and Extremely drug resistance Tuberculosis was organized on 16.04.2014 .Dr.Rajabhau Yeole,WHO RNTCP Consultant was the resource person. Dr.Dhrubjyoti Debnath was the resource person from the department.
4. CME on Prevention of Malaria was organized on 25.04.2014.Dr.Mahendra Jagtap, State Entomologist was the guest speaker
5. CME on Topic : Measles & AFP Surveillance was organized on 08.07.2014.Dr.(Col)APS Narula, WHO Consultant, Measles elimination was the resource person.
6. On occasion of Breast Feeding Week a Healthy Baby and Mother Competition was organized at RHTC, Kusgaon, UHTC, Kondhwa and Immunization OPD of SKNMC on 5th 7th & 8th August 2014. Dr. Smita Valekar, Dr. Maya Kshirsagar and Mrs. Surekha Sabale spoke on Importance of Exclusive Breast Feeding.
7. OATH TAKING CEREMONY FOR INTERNS was organized on 14th August 2014.Total….interns took Hippocrates, MCI and PCPNDT Oath.
8. Integrated Teaching on 'Ebola Virus Disease' was organized on 18th September 2014. Dr.(Col) APS Narula,WHO Consultant was the guest speaker. Dr.Amrita Rao was the resource person from the department.
9. Training session on Blue Printing & Paper Setting was organized by the MET Cell of the institute for all senior faculty on 16.10.2014. Dr(Col)PS Chawla was the Convenor.
10. Integrated teaching session was organized on occasion of World Diabetes day in collaboration with Dept of Pathology, Medicine, Clinical nutrition and College of Physiotherapy on 14th November 2014.Dr.Samir Singru and Dr.Harishchandra Gore were the resource person from the department.
11. On Occasion of the World AIDS day, an intercollegiate Quiz completion was organized on 9th Dec 2014.Various colleges from the STES, Lonavala, Kusgaon and Kondhwa campus took part in this competition. Dr.Ritesh Kundap was the Quiz master. A guest lecture on HIV updates was also organized.Dr.Raman Gangakhedkar,Director, National AIDS Research Institute, Pune was the resource person.
1. Teaching- Undergraduate, postgraduate medical and paramedical students
4. CME/Seminar/ Conferences
5. Immunization OPD
6. Medical Check up
7. Mess inspection and Examination of Food Handlers
8. Campus water surveillance
9. Vector control measures
World Environment Day - 2015
Department of Community Medicine has taken an initiative to organize various activities on World Environment Day 2015 at both RHTC, Kusgaon & UHTC, Kondhwa.
The activities carried out were as follows :-
1) RHTC, Kusgaon
Tree plantation in RHTC, Kusgaon campus by the staff of RHTC on 17.6.2015
Street play on importance of trees for school children of Dogangaon wadi village by Interns posted at RHTC on 17.06.2015
Tree plantation in Government Primary school and Anganwadi ofDongargaonwadi village on 17.6.2015
2) UHTC, Kondhwa
Tree Plantation in the Community in Yevalewadi & Lakshminagar, Kondhwa by the staff of UHTC on 16.6.2015. The programme was attended by Dr. Kevin Fernandez, Prof. & HOD and Dr. (Col) P.S. Chawla had helped us in getting the saplings from Social Forestry Department.
INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY - 2015
As per instruction received from Central Government & MUHS, Nashik, International Yoga Day was observed on 21st June 2015 from 6.45am to 7.45am at Ganpati Hall. Dr. Anushree Narekalli, Physiotherapist from SKNCOPT was the yoga instructor. Dr. Sachin Gawade was overall Incharge of the programme.
“World Breast Feeding Week” 2015 celebrated at Immunization OPD, SKNMC&GH.
On 6th August 2015 In Immunization OPD, SKNMC &GH, Street Play by 3rd semester students with the help of posters & IEC talk on problems encountered by mothers on breastfeeding by Mrs. Surekha Sable, MSW. Total participants were 50.
Interns Oath Taking Ceremony :
Interns Oath Taking ceremony was on 7th August 2015 of 2010 Batch (Supplementary). Total 21 students attended the ceremony.
On birth anniversary of Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam “Reading Inspiration Day” was observed. The department of Community Medicine organized Elocution competition for MBBS Students. The topic was “The Book that has inspired me the most”. Total 20 students participated in the competition. Students spoke on the book that has inspired them the most. Prizes and certificates were also distributed to the best 3 speakers.
a. First Prize : Mr. Karan Deshmukh
b. Second Prize : Maitreye Shah
c. Thirds Prize : Smit Shah
d. Consolation Prize : Miss Tanvi. Meswani & Miss Deepanjali Shetty
State LEVEL CONFERENCE ON HIVCON 2015 :
State Level Conference on HIVCON 2015 was organized by the Department on 18th December 2015. MMC had accrediated 2 Credit Points for this Conference. Total 281 delegates Registered for the conference. The Conference was a great success with Poster, Paper Presentation, HIV quiz and Scientific Sessions.
Pulse Polio Campaign was conducted by the Department on 17.1.2016 at Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital. Total 3 booths were set up for Immunization. Total 787 children were Immunized.
Dr. Abhay Dadewar (PG Student) was involved in Indradhanush / Pulse Polio monitoring by WHO, India.
"Basic workshop - Research Methodology" for PG Teachers / Faculty of our Institute was conducted in collaboration with MUHS, Nashik from 2nd to 4th February 2016.
National deworming day was observed in Immunization OPD on 10th February 2016 followed by Mop-up on 15th February 2016 . Deparment of Community Medicine in collaboration with Primary Health centre Khadakwasla, Department of Paediatrics & department of Medicine Participated in deworming activity. “ Worm free children, Healthy children”. Total 401 children/ adolescent were given deworming Albendazole tablets.
World TB Day was observed on 29th March 2016 in collaboration with Pulmonary Department. Activities like Street Play, Role Play, Poster Competition and Quiz were organized. Winners were awarded with cash prize & certificates. Total 300 staff participated in the program me.
National CME iabetes was conducted on 22nd April 2016 in collaboration with Society of Clinical Nutritional and Metabolism (Pune Chapter). The CME was accredited by MMC with 2 Credit Points. Total delegates participated were 171.
International Yoga Day was observed by the Department on 21st June 2016. Total 124 members from our institute participated in the yoga session. Dr. Anushree Narekuli, Assistant Professor, SKNCOPT, was the yoga teacher to guide all the participants for performing yoga. The following activities were also conducted and the winners were felicitated with a trophy and a certificate-
a) Best Yoga Performer – Dr. Rahul Bisen, Mr. Ankush Adlinge
b) Essay Competition winners – Dr. Prachi Makashir, Dr. Abhay Dadewar, Miss Priyanka Parab and Mr. Subhash Mane.
c) Poster Competition winners – Dr. Smita S. Patil and Mrs. Kusum Dhamale
Basic Workshop in Research Methodology was conducted for the newly joined Post Graduate Students from 27th to 29th July 2016. Total 32 PG students participated.
Oath taking taking ceremony was organized on 5th August 2016 for Batch 2011. 21 Interns were given Hippocrates Oath.
World Breast Feeding Week was organized in Immunization OPD on 4th August 2016. Health Talk was given by Social Worker Mrs. Surekha Sabale
Diabetes Day was observed in UHTC, Kondhwa on 17th November 2016. Total 11 patients were screened for Diabetes and Health talk was given by Dr. Vaishali Ranpise, Lady Medical Officer, UHTC, Kodhwa.
RHTC, Kusgaon- Health activity in tribal area of Mawal, Taluka, Pune
Gherewadi is small tribal village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. It is 10 Km away from RHTC Kusgoan and 80 Km away from SKNMC&GH, Narhe, Pune. Population of the village is 250.
Department of Community Medicine under the guidance of Dr. (COL) P.S. Chawla (HOD) and RHTC organized health activity in these villages.
Type of Activity:
1. Health Check-up camp
2. School Health Check-up
3. Discussion with villagers about their health problems
4. Health Talk on personal hygiene
5. Water testing & sanitation surgey
ACTIVITIES : RHTC Kusgaon
1. OPD services. (Timings: 9am-1pm & 5pm-8pm.)
2. IPD services. (30 Bed; 24x7)
3. Outreach OPD services. (Mon-Aundhe, Wed- Premnagar, Thurs –Bhairavnathnagar)
4. Specialist OPD services.( Tuesday & Friday)
5. Referral services. (To SKNMC & GH, Pune)
6. Basic Laboratory Services.
7. National Health Programmes.
8. Water surveillance & Basic sanitation.
9. Mess Inspection & Medical Health Checkup food Handlers.
10. School Health Services.
11. Training of UG, PG, Nursing, Paramedical students & Internees.
12. Research Projects. (Staff & Interns).
13. Family Health Survey. (19 Villages).
14. Health Education (IEC) Activities.
15. Observation of Public Health Days.
16. Organization of Various Health Camps
OUT REACH ACTIVITIES RURAL HEALTH TRAINING CENTRE, KUSGAON 2014
1. Pulse Polio Campaign was undertaken at RHTC and Kusgaon Toll Plaza in the month of January and February. For the Janauary round children immunized were 178 and for the February round were 129 children.
2. Blood Donation Camp was organized at RHTC on 16/2/2014 in collaboration with R. M. Dhariwal Foundation and SIBACA Institute Kusgaon. Initial screening of Blood Donors i.e. weight, B.P, Hb% was completed at RHTC. Total 517 donors donated the blood.
3. Cataract detection and eye donation awareness camp was organized at RHTC in collaboration with Department of Ophthalmology, SKNMC & GH, Pune on 25/2/2014. Total patients examined were 61. The patients diagnosed with cataract were 6, which were later referred to surgery at SKNMC & GH, Pune.
4. International Women’s Day 2014 was observed at Kusgaon Village on 11/3/2014. The activities undertaken were Rangoli competition, Mehendi competition, Musical chair and Role play. The winners were awarded with prizes.
5. Blood Donation Camp was organized at RHTC in collaboration with Blood Bank , SKNMC & GH, Pune on 22/3/2014. The total donors who were screened were 95 and the donors who were found fit and voluntarily donated blood were 89.
6. Observation of World TB Day 2014 was done at RHTC by organizing an awareness rally in Kusgaon Village on 24/3/2014.The rally was followed by interaction with the villagers with emphasis on early detection of TB and DOTs treatment for TB.
7. World Health Day 2014 was observed on 7/4/2014 with the theme “Small bite Big threat". An IEC activity and role play was organized at Z.P. School, Aundhe for the students and staff of school. Total students participated was 50.
8. Dental Camp was organized on 22/4/2014 at SIT and SIBACA institutes for the staff and students. The total patients examined were 118. The patients were treated at dental clinic in RHTC and those requiring further treatment were referred to Sinhagad Dental College, Pune.
9. World No Tobacco Day 2014 was observed by undertaking an IEC activity and slide show on 31/5/2014. The participants were people from Kusgaon, Bhangarwadi. STES Driver staff, canteen staff & few students’ from college attended the programme. Health educator Mrs. Narmada Kamble told the hazards of smoking, chewing of Tobacco and stressed its ill effect like Carcinogenesis, dangers of Passive smoking during pregnancy. An appeal was made to the audience to give up Tobacco habits. This was followed by slide show by Intern Mr. Vishal Gaikwad on the Health hazards of tobacco consumption.
10. World Blood Donor Day: A street play was organized at Aundhe Village on 16/6/2014 to increase the awareness of voluntary blood donation. Posters regarding the importance of blood donation were displayed. Total 35 villagers were present during the event.
11. World Breastfeeding Week (1-7 August): Healthy Mother & Healthy Baby competition was held at 3 places- RHTC, Bhairavnathnagar and Kusgaon. Families who had children less than 3 years of age were enrolled for the competition. All eligible mothers and children were interviewed with a standard questionnaire to select the winners of the competition. Interactive session was held covering all aspects of breastfeeding like initiation of breastfeeding within 1 hour after birth, no prelacteal feeds, exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months from birth, on demand feeding and breast and nipple problems. In the end the doubts, misconceptions, questions were answered by Dr Kshama Vidhate( PG student) and Dr Maya Kshirsagar ( PG student). This was followed by demonstration of various breastfeeding positions and importance of back support and strengthening exercises by Dr Anushree(Physiotherapist). The winners of the competition were-
Healthy Mother- Mrs. Rohini Pusavale
Healthy Baby- Mast. Pradeep Masal
2. Bhairavnath nagar-
Healthy Mother- Mrs. Kalyani Walanjkar
Healthy Baby- Purva Chinchankar
Healthy Mother- Mrs. Kunda Gund
Healthy Baby- Mast. Aditya Kamble
The winners were awarded with prizes and the programme ended with distribution of biscuit packets to the participants.
12. World Heart Day 2014: A screening camp was organized on 30/9/2 at hard to reach Dongargaon Village under the RHTC, Kusgaon as a part of observation of World Heart Day 2014. Total 64 villagers participated in the camp. Total villagers identified for hypertension and cardiovascular diseases were 10. ECG was taken for 12 patients and blood sugar was done for 10 patients. All the patients were given medicines. The screening camp was also followed by a street play on lifestyle diseases. Patients were also advised physiotherapy exercises by a trained physiotherapist.
13. World Diabetes Day
14. Swachha Bharat Abhiyan was undertaken at RHTC on 18/11/2014. The RHTC premises were cleaned by all the staff and interns posted at RHTC.
On 14th August 2015 at RHTC, Kusgaon, Healthy Mother and Healthy Baby competition was held and Street Play on Importance of Breast Feeding by Interns. Total 51 mothers and 51 children took part in the programme.
On 19th August 2015 Anganwadi at Olkaiwadi Village, RHTC,Kusgaon, Quiz on Breast Feeding Quiz Competition was organized for mothers attending immunization camp. Total participants were 70.
Blood Donation camp was organized at RHTC, Kusgaon in collaboration with SIT, Kusgaon and Blood Bank, SKNMC&GH, Pune on 26.10.2015. Total 126 donors donated the blood.
World AIDS day was observed on 16th December 2015. Total 43 people participated in the programme. IEC Activity was conducted on Prevention & Control of HIV/ AIDS.
Pulse Polio Campaign was conducted by RHTC, Kusgaon on 17.1.2016. Total 146 children were Immunized.
International Women’s Day was observed in ZP school, Kurvande village on 14.3.2016. IEC session on Menstrual Health and anemia was done by Interns street play on women empowerment was also done.
World TB day was observed by IEC on TB in Premnagar Kevare village on 31.3.2016
World No Tobacco Day 2016 was observed on 26th May 2016 at Premnagar, Kevare. Health Talk was given by Interns and the issues addressed were Tobacco Addiction and Oral Hygiene
International Yoga Day was observed at RHTC, Kusgoan on 21st June 2016. Total 35-40 members participated in the program.
Breast Feeding Week was observed at RHTC, Kusgaon. 25 Women from the Community participated in the program. Activities like Health Talk, Street Play and Role Play were also done by the Inters and Staff.
Health Talk on Organ Transplant was organized by RHTC, Kusgaon. No. of participants 30.
World Heart Day was observed on 23/09/2016. Street play and Health talk was organized for the participants. No. of participants were 22.
ACTIVITIES - UHTC, Kondhwa:
1. OPD services
2. MBBS students training programme
4. ANC & PNC check up
5. Water surveillance, basic lab Services
6. Outreach clinic
7. Health camp, Blood donation camp
9. Day Care Admission
10. Referral Services
11. Specialist OPD – Physiotherapy OPD daily
12. Family Health Survey
13. School Health Services
14. National Health Programmes
15. Mess Inspection and Health Check up of Food handlers
16. Water Surveillance
1) Women empowerment health talk on Cervical Cancer given by Dr Sangeeta Pawar on 8th March 2014
2) Street play on World Tuberculosis Day by Interns and PG Student on 25th March 2014
3) Haemoglobin estimation camp held on 22nd April 2014 at UHTC
4) Street Play on World Malaria Day performed by 6th semester students on 30th April 2014
5)World hypertension Day on 17th May 2014. Measurement of blood pressure in OPD Patients from 15/5/2014 to 21/5/2014
6) 6th June 2014 Street Play on NO Tobacco Day by 4th semester students
7) Blood group testing for female attendants by Sinhgad City School on 26/7/14
8) Breast Feeding Week celebrations from 1st August to 8th August 2014. Healthy Mother and healthy baby competition was
9)Awareness Program on Nutrition for Sinhagad City School Children (1st to 10th Std)from 19/8/2014 to 28/8/2014
10)Nutrition Week Celebration from 1/9 to7/9 .Lecture on Nutrition requirement for all ages in collaboration with Nursing students
11)World Heart Day celebrated on 1st Oct 2014 at UHTC . ECG and blood pressure and BMI taken for all patients above the age of 40years
12)World Diabetes Day celebrated on 13/11/14 at Mahadev Mandir ,Kondwa . Street play was performed by 3rd semester student. Random blood sugar check up was done for all the high risk patients attending the camp.
13) Swatcha Bharat Abhiyaan 14/11/14 at UHTC
14)Screening round for intercollegiate Quiz on 2nd dec 2014 at Sinhagad College of Commerce.
On 4th August 2015 at UHTC, Kondhwa , Street Play on importance of Breastfeeding in the UHTC, for women attending UHTC & "Rajgeera Laddu" was given to each beneficiary. Total Participants were 50.
World Heart Day was observed at UHTC, Kondhwa. Health education session was conducted for patients attending OPD by Interns on 24/9/2015. Also a street play was performed by Nursing students on prevention of heart diseases on 6/10/2015.
International Womens day was celebrated on 14/3/2016
Street Play and Health Talk on Organ Transplant was organized by UHTC Kondhwa, at Mahadev Mandir, Near Yewalewadi Aanganwadi. No. of participants 20
World Elderly day was observed on 30/09/2016. A street play was done by the Nursing students. No. of participants were 47.
Medical Health Check up of students was done at Maruti Badhe Memorial School. 350 students were examined.
Celebration of International Womens Day
1. Celeration of International Womens Day was done by Lady Medical Officer Dr. Vaishali Ranpise in her speech
2. Motivational song sung by ladies staff of UHTC
3. Rangoli Competition was organized 40 ladies were participated and winners were announced. First prize give to Mrs. Sangita Meshram, Second Prize was given to Mrs. Sunita Gire. Third prize was given to Mrs. Sarika Jadhav.
4. Health talk given by Dr. Mauni Gagda and Dr. Dhanvi Mesvani on Menstrual hygiene and day to day health tips like healthy food, good consumption of drinking water body hygiene, good amount of sleep and healthy relationships, job seeking opportunity, Breast & cervical cancer diagnosis.
Basic Workshop in Research Methodology was organized Newly admitted Post Graduate Residents of Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital, Narhe, Pune from 29th to 31st August 2017. Total 35 Students attended the workshop.
Breast feeding week was organized on 4th August 2017. Total participants were 25. Health talk was given by Dr. Harishchandra Gore, Assistant Professor.
UHTC, Kondhwa –
Breast feeding week was organized on 4th August 2017 at Yewalewadi. Total participants were 35. Health talk was given by Dr. Vaishali Ranpise, LMO UHTC, Kondhwa.
Basic Workshop in Research Methodology was organized for 2nd batch of Newly admitted Post Graduate Residents of Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital, Narhe, Pune from from 20th to 22nd September 2017. Total 39 Students attended the workshop.
RHTC, Kusgaon -
1] Immunization – The Vaccination was organized by RHTC, Kusgaon, Lonavla every Month on2nd Friday. Total number of beneficiaries are 37.
Following are the participants in this camp -
Dr. Krishna Shetkar – RMO, RHTC
Mrs. Rajashree Khandagle – PHN
Mr. Datta Jadhav - Medical Social Worker
2) Type of Activity –
1) Child Health Check-up
2) Health Education (personal Hygiene)
3) Counseling to beneficiaries
Date : 13/10/2017
Heading : Immunization / Vaccination
Time : 11:00 am To 02:00 pm
Place : RHTC, Kusgaon
Following guest lectures were arranged by Department of Medicine :-
Subject - Emergency in Cancer Patient (Oncology Physician)
Date - 28th Jan 2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr. Padmaj Kulkarni, Oncology Physician
Subject - Diabetes Mellitus
Date - 28/02/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr.A.G.Unnikrishanan, (D.M.)Endocrinologist
Subject - Acute Kidney Injuries in Intensive Care Unit - Prevention & early diagnosis
Date - 07/03/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr. Sarika Deshmukh, (MD )Senior Physician Nephrology & Hypertension, Henry Ford Medical, Detroit Campus U.S.A.
Subject - Malaria
Date - 25/04/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr.Mahendra Jagtap, Maharashtra State Entomologist
Subject - Acute Myocardial infarction-current prospective
Date - 03/09/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr.Rahul Savant, MD(Med), MRCP(Cardiology,UK)
Subject - All that ACHES&S : Rheumatology
Date - 16/09/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr. Vaijanti Lagu, MD(Med), Consultant Rheumatologist
Subject - ABC of CBC
Date - 18/11/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr. Manchanda Rumma, MD Pathology, Consultant Pathologist & Hematologist
Subject - Geriatric Medicine
Date - 02/12/2014
Name of the Speaker - Dr. Anita Basawraj, MD Medicine
Subject - 1.What Make a good clinician 2.Student today : Doctor tomorrow
Date - 22/01/2015
Name of the Speaker -Dr.Parveen Kumar (CBE,BSc,MD,FRCP,FRCPE), Dr.Micheal Clark (MD FRCP)
Subject - Cancer Screening When & How
Date - 17/03/2015
Name of the Speaker - Dr.Sachin Hingmire, Oncologist
Subject - HIV
Date - 12/06/2015
Name of the Speaker - Dr.Amit Dravid
Integrated Teaching Program
Topic - Emergency in Cancer Patients(Oncology Emergency)
Date - 28-02-2014
Departments Involved - Medicine, Oncology
Topic - Cataract & Systemic association
Date - 29-03-2014
Departments Involved - Medicine, Ophthalmology
Topic - Approach to a Patient of Short Stature
Date - 04/07/2014
Departments Involved - Medicine & Pediatrics
Topic - Ebola Viral Infection
Date - 18/09/2014
Departments Involved - Medicine & PSM
Topic - Diabetes
Date - 14/11/2014
Departments Involved - Medicine & PSM
Topic - Fluorosis
Date - 08/01/2015
Departments Involved - Medicine, Orthopedics & Pedodontics
Topic - Neurocognitive disorders/ Dementia
Date - 31/03/2015
Departments Involved - Medicine & Psychiatry
Topic - Approach to Patients of Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Date - 10/04/2015
Departments Involved - Medicine & Pathology
Topic - HIV
Date - 12/06/2015
Departments Involved - Medicine & Ophthalmology
• Medicine Department & Physiotherapy College organized Workshop on
Topic : Electrodiagnosis Workshop
Speaker Name: Dr. Nilima Bhalerao (Asst.Prof. Medicine), Dr. Sharmistha Gadgil (Asso.Prof. Physiotherapy College)
• MMC had given 4 credit points for this academic activity
• Chairpersons for day one session Dr.S.M.Bhat (HOD Medicine) & Dr.Ashok Patil (Principal Physiotherapy College)
• Chairpersons day two session Dr. M.K.Behara (HOD Paeditrics) & Dr. M.Khadilkar (HOD Orthopedics)
• MMC Observers Dr. Ambrish Shahade & Dr.Sanjay Patil.
• Participants included faculties & Residents of SKNMC as wel as other Medical colleges, Practicing Doctors.
Date: 27th & 28th Feb. 2015
Day: Friday, Saturday
Medicine Department has organized Post graduate Rheumatology CME on 8th Aug.2015 from 9am to 5pm. MMC had given 2 credit Point for this CME. Participate Included Faculty’s and resident of SKNMC as well as other medical colleges.
Medicine Department Organized Guest Lecture On 5 Aug. 2015
Topic:- Approach to Non – Infective and Non Alcoholic Hepatitis
Speaker - Dr. Laleet Shimpi
Department of Medicine & Psychiatry has organized a Integrated Teaching Program on 15/09/2015
Topic:- Alcohol dependence Syndrome, Alcohol withdrawl and Delirium Tremens.
Speaker:- Dr.Nitin Suryawanshi (Med.Asst.Prof.),Dr.Makarand Wani (Med.P.G. Resident), Dr.Bhushan Mhetre (Psy.Asst.Prof., Dr.Chinmay Deshpande(Psy. P.G.Resident).
Medicine Department Organized Guest Lecture On 11Sept. 2015
Topic:- COPD –Unment need of diagnosing the Undiagnosed
Speaker:- Dr.Sundeep Salvi (MD,PhD) Director Chest Research Foundation.
Department of Medicine & Obstetrics & Gynecology has organized Integrated Teaching Programme on 08/03/2016. Topic - "Diabetes in Pregnancy". Speaker:- Dr.Shilpa Sule, Dr.Shilpa Kshirsagar.
Department of Medicine & Community Medicine has organized Integrated Teaching Programme on 17/03/2016. Topic- Hypertension. Speaker:- Dr.Rishi Patel, Dr.Samir Singru.
Department of Medicine & Psychiatry Has organized a Integrated Teaching Programme on 29/03/2016. Topic- Depression & Stress Management. Speaker:- Dr.Rajvardhan Shelke, Dr.Sumit Chandak.
Departmental activity Group Discussion on 15/03/2016. Topic : Approach to a Case of Meningoencephalitis.
a) Department of Medicine & Obgy.& Gync. has organized a Integrated Teaching Programme on 05 April 2016.
1. Topic- DIC: Pathophysiology & Management.
Speaker:- Dr.Ashish Tale.
2. Topic- DIC in Obstetrics with Obsteric Management.
Speaker:- Snehal Mane.
Department of Medicine, Pathology & Ophthalmology organized a CPC Activity on 30 July 2016 2:30 to 4:00pm at Auditorium.
Topic: - "Case of Acute Vision Loss". Presented By Dr.Rajvardhan Shelke (Medicine PG Resident-2),Dr.Sukhda Patil (Pathology PG Resident-2),Dr.Sourabh Choudhari (Ophthalmology PG Resident-3)
Department of Medicine & Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy organized a Integrated Teaching Programme on 19th July 2016 2:30 to 4:00pm at Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy Dept.Seminar Hall.
Topic:- Skin manifestation of internal malignancies. Presented by :- Dr.Pratik Sethiya (Medicine PG Resident-2), Dr.Sai Pawar (Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy PG Resident-3).
Department of Medicine organized Guest Lecture on 30 th Dec. 2016 2:30 to 4:00pm at Medicine Department Seminar Hall.
Topic: - “Bridging the divide.”
Speaker :- Dr.Vivek Tadwalkar (MD Medicine)(Consultant Physician Ruby Hall Clinic)
Dr.S.M.Bhat take a Lecture in CME on Plasmapheresis on 16th July 2017 at Aurangabad Topic:- "Therapeutic plasma exchange".
Department of Medicine & Pathology organized a CPC Activity on 39 July 2017 2:30 to 4:00pm at Auditorium. Topic: - "Unusual cause of congestive heart failure." Presented By Dr.Rajesh Karekar (Asso.Prof. Medicine),Dr.Ashish Tale (PG Resident-3 Medicine), Dr.Piyush Sahu (PG Resident-3 Pathology)
Department of Medicine organized Guest Lecture on 01st Aug. 2017 2:00 to 4:00pm at Medicine Department Seminar hall.
Topic: - “Ventilation in ARDS patients.” Speaker :- Dr.Shivkumar Iyer.
Department of Medicine organized Guest Lecture on 08th Aug. 2017 2:30 to 4:00pm at College Auditorium.
Topic: - “Administration of blood & Blood Products”. Speaker :- Dr.Smita Joshi.
Department of Medicine organized Guest Lecture on 23rd Aug. 2017 12:00 to 2:00 pm at Central Research Lab (7th Floor New Building).
Topic: - “CPR and Emergency Drugs”. Speaker :- Dr.Suhas Kalashetti.
Department of Medicine starting Yoga OPD from 28th Sept. 2017.
Department of Medicine & Physiotherapy College organized World Heart Day on 28th Sept. 2017 at 11:00 to 1:00pm at Medicine OPD.
Department of Medicine & Nursing College organized Happy World Heart Day on 29th Sept. 2017 at Medicine OPD.
Department of Medicine and Department of Forensic Medicine organized by Integrated Teaching Program on 07 Oct.2017 at 2:30 to 4:00 pm.
Topic:- Writing Correct Cause of Death on the Death Certificate : Pitfalls and Precautions.
Speaker :- Dr.Vinod Agarwal (Prof. Forensic Medicine)
Department of Paediatrics conducted Neonatal Resuscitation Workshop for PG students on 15th Sept. 2014. PG students of Paediatrics, OBGY and Anesthesia department, Interns attended the workshop. No. of participants - 38
Department of Paediatrics conducted CME on Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol on 16th May 2014. 21 nurses participated.
Department of Paediatrics conducted PEDIMEET 2015 Pediatric Endocrinology Conference on 4th, 5th July 2015. Pediatricians,
PG students attended the conference. Number of participants - 287
"Neonatal Resuscitation Programme for Faculty, PG students of Paediatrics, OBGY and Anaesthesia department" Workshop conducted in the dept. of Paediatrics at our institution on 27th August 2015 between 2:00 - 4:15pm. All PG Students Dept. of OBGY, Anaesthesia & Pediatrics and faculties from Department of Pediatrics attend to the workshop.
"A Nursing CME – Sister’s Day – Importance Protein Quality Infant Nutrition" was conducted by Department of Paediatrics on 12/5/2016 in Paediatrics Demo Room. All Nursing Staff in NICU, PICU, Paediatrics Ward, Labour Room & PNC Ward attended the CME.
"A Nursing CME- Diarrhea Management" was organized in Dept. of Pediatrics on 22 /07/2016 in Pediatrics Demo Room. All Nursing staff in NICU, PICU, Pediatrics ward, Labour Room & PNC ward attended the CME.
Celebration "World ORS Day" & World Breast Feeding Week” by the Dept. of Pediatrics on 29th July 2016 & 01st to 07th August 2016. All faculties from Dept. of Pediatrics attend to the Program.
Dept. of Pediatrics has conducted workshop on "Neonatal Resuscitation Programme" on 13th July 2017 in Pediatrics Department. All PG Residents from Dept. of Pediatrics, Dept. of OBGY & Det. Of Anesthesia attend the Programme.
Celebration “World ORS Day” & World Breast Feeding Week” by the Dept. of Pediatrics on 01st to 07th August 2017. All faculties & PG Students from Dept. of Pediatrics attend to the Program.
“IAP Undergraduates Paediatrcs Quiz College Round” is organized by Dept. of Paediatrics on 22/08/2017 at SKNMC & GH Pune. All faculties and PG Students from Department of Pediatrics attend the IAP PG Quiz.
“Basic Workshop – Research Methodology” was conducted on 29th Aug to 31st Aug. 2017 in our college, 4th floor, MET Hall, Anatomy Department, in collaboration with MUHS. The following PG Residents attend the Workshop.
| Sr.No.||Name of the Doctor|
|1. || Dr. Chaudhari Kaustubh |
|2. || Dr. Khujat Archana |
|3. || Dr. Mustafa Captain |
The Department of Pediatrics is conducted PALS (Pediatric Advanced life Support& BLS Workshop by IAP Pune) course on 16th and 17th September 2017. The following faculties & PG Residents from Dept. of Pediatrics attend the workshop.
| Sr.No.||Name of the Doctor|
|1. || Dr. M. K. Behera |
|2. || Dr. Sanjay Natu |
|3. ||Dr. Sameer Mhatre |
|4. || Dr. Bsaveshwar Patil |
|5. || Dr. Nilesh Chauhan |
|6. ||Dr. Shyam Chaudhari |
|7. || Dr. Kedar Kulkarni |
|8. || Dr. Sanaa Khan |
|9. ||Dr. Amita Lokhande |
|10. || Dr. Sayali Ramkar |
|11. || Dr. Srushti Nakade |
|12. ||Dr. Kartik Arora |
“Basic Workshop – Research Methodology” was conducted on 20th Sept. to 22nd Sept. 2017 in our college, 4th floor, MET Hall, Anatomy Department, in collaboration with MUHS.
| Sr.No.||Name of the Doctor|
|1. || Dr. Shraddha Satav |
|2. || Dr. Shanbhag Rachana |
West Zone “SUNRISE PG MEET 2017” was conducted on 23rd – 24th Sept. 2017 in our college, 5th floor, college auditorium in SKNMC & GH, Pune. The following PG Residents attend the Workshop.
| Sr.No.||Name of the Doctor|
|1. || Dr. Kaustubh Chaudhari |
|2. || Dr. Satav Sharddha |
A Nursing CME – “Kangaroo Mother Care” will be organized on 12/10/2017 in Dept. of Pediatrics. All faculties & PG Students from Dept. of Pediatrics and Nursing Staff in NICU, PICU, Pediatrics ward, Labour Room & PNC ward attend the CME.
On occasion of Antibiotic Awareness Week, Dept of Pediatrics, SKNMC in association with Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Pune Branch has organized a Guest Lecture by Dr Pramod Kulkarni (MD-Peds, MRCPCH, Diploma in Paediatrics Infectious Diseases (Oxford)) on Rational Use of Antibiotics on 28/11/2017. All faculties & PG Students from Dept. of Pediatrics and Dept. Of Medicine attend the guest lecture.
The Department of Pediatrics is conducted Lecture on “NABH Safe I” on 29/11/2017 at 2 pm in Paediatrics Demo Room.
Speaker: - Dr. Sanjay Natu (Professor, Paediatrics)
Dr. Anjali Parekh (Associate Professor & Neonatologist)
All Faculties, Residents and Sister in-charge from Dept. of Pediatrics attend the Lecture.
World TB day 2014
On occasion of World TB day on 24/03/2014, Dept. Of Respiratory Medicine (in collaboration with District TB Society, Pune) had conducted Health Education Exhibition and poster competition.
Word Asthma day 2014
On occasion of World Asthma day on 03/05/2014, Dept. Of Respiratory Medicine had conducted Asthma Quiz for under graduate students of all medical colleges in Pune.
Inner Circle 2014
A unique programme called ‘Inner Circle’ Part -II was organized in collaboration with Dr Reddy’s lab on 27th June 2014 to infuse in doctors the desire to establish, achieve and flourish and also to become better individuals.
“Western India PG Respiratory Update 2014”
Respiratory Medicine Department organized a two days workshop “Western India PG Respiratory Update 2014 “on 13th &14th of September, 2014 The workshop had been designed to help PG students of Pulmonary Medicine, to understand & update basic concepts in their specialty. We covered all medical colleges from Maharashtra , Gujarat , Madhya Pradesh, & Goa . Eminent speakers with international recognition conducted the workshop. In addition, an interactive inter-college quiz was organized at the end of workshop . The winners were awarded prize & certificates.
World COPD Day 2014
Organized World COPD Day on 19th Nov. 2014 in Respiratory Medicine Department. Patient education programme was conducted on this occasion. Patients of COPD & their relatives were educated about the disease in their local language & proper techniques of medication use were taught to them. Active participations by the patients made the programme a huge success.
Patient Education Programme
TB Patient education programme was conducted on 26/12/2014. Patients of TB and their relatives were educated about the disease in their local language and proper techniques of cough hygiene and sputum disposal.
Health Awareness Programme
“Health Awareness Programme 2015“ & Quiz Competition on 24th April 2015 for All Clerical Staff, Lab Technician, Security & Driver at Auditorium from 2.30pm to 3.30pm Total of 220 staff members attended the programme . Winner team:-Each member received a Trophy, a certificate & cash Rs.2000/-
1st Runner up team :- Each member received a Trophy, a certificate & cash Rs.1000/-
2nd Runner up team:- Each member received a Trophy, a certificate & cash Rs.500/-
Other participating 3 teams received cash Rs.200/- each member.
Intermittently during the quiz, 10 audience questions were asked with Rs. 100/- as prize for each . All clerical and administrative staff were present as audience for the quiz.
Dr Godbole Gauri, Dr Fernandez K., Dr Amol Diwan & Dr Pankaj Magar felicitated the winner teams.
Web cast on ‘Diffuse Lung Diseases’
Web cast on ‘Diffuse Lung Diseases’ was organized on 24/1/2015, 11.00 am. All faculty members including Head of Dept were present. for the web cast in Seminar room.
‘Sleep apnea seminar’
‘Sleep apnea seminar’ was conducted by Dr Pankaj Magar on 27/2/2015 in seminar room at 11 am. 10 Faculty members including Head of Dept were present.
Roflumilast: Drug used in COPD’
‘Roflumilast: Drug used in COPD’ lecture taken by Dr Amolkumar Diwan on 25/02/2015 in seminar room at 12 noon. 10 faculty members including Head of Dept attended the programme.
A lecture on ‘Pharmaco-economics’ was conducted on 13/2/15, 11.00 am – 1.00 pm for PG students in Pulmonary Medicine. It was conducted by Dr Ankush Gupta PG Student of MD (Pharmacology)All PG students of dept. of Pulmonary Medicine & dept of Pharmacology attended this programme.
Non Teaching Staff Education Programme
Training Programme for Staff nurses of Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital was arranged by the dept. of Pulmonary Medicine. It was conducted by Dr. Meenakshi Bhakare & Dr. Hardik Patel PG residents of the dept. Staff nurses of all departments were present at the seminar room from 11 am to 12 noon. The programme was followed by refreshments.
‘DVT Nurse Lecture’
A Training Programme on ‘DVT Nurse Lecture’ for Staff nurses of Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital was arranged by the dept. of Pulmonary Medicine. It was conducted by Dr. Amolkumar Diwan Associate Professor of the department. 35 Staff nurses were present at the seminar room from 12 noon to 1pm. The programme was followed by refreshments.
“World TB day”
At Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital, Narhe Pune- “World TB day” was observed on 27th March 2015,
On 27th March 2015, Poster exhibition on health awareness was arranged.
Also, ‘Health Education Programme 2015 & Quiz Competition’ was arranged for class IV & security personnel of Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College & General Hospital on 27/03/2015, 2.30 – 3.30 pm. Total of 220 staff members attended the programme. 6 winners received cash prizes of Rs. 100/- each. for the Quiz. The following topics were discussed during the programme:
1. Introduction Speech
2. Tuberculosis – Health Education
3. Treatment of Tuberculosis
4. Side effects of Anti TB treatment
5. MDR TB
Pre test Questionnaire was given to the audience to assess their general level of awareness of Tuberculosis. Answers to this questionnaire were discussed at the end of above topics. Surprise questions on general health awareness & tuberculosis were asked by Dr. Shraddha Kulkarni to the audience interspersed throughout the programme and the person giving the correct answers were given cash prizes of Rs. 100/- each.
The programme ended with queries from the audience answered by faculty. All were served with snacks and cold drinks.
Patients Group Education programme:
Respiratory Diseases & Inhaler Therapy’
Educational programme on ‘Respiratory diseases & inhaler therapy’ was taken for patients of Obstructive Airway Diseases on 13/1/2015, 11.00 am at seminar room by Dr Meenakshi Bhakare. All faculty members were present at the time of education.
‘Dietician advice in respiratory diseases’
‘Dietician advice in respiratory diseases’ lecture was taken in seminar room from 11 am to 12noon for patients of Obstructive Airway Diseases on 14/1/2015 at 11 am at seminar room by Dr Meenakshi Bhakare. All faculty members were present at the time of education.
‘Yoga for patients of Obstructive airway disease’
Department of Pulmonary Medicine arranged lecture on ‘Yoga for patients of Obstructive airway disease’. It was conducted by Physiotherapist Dr Nisha Shinde on 16/01/2015 at 12 noon in seminar room. Around 43 Patients were present.
‘Acceptance of your illness’
‘Acceptance of your illness’ lecture was arranged for patients on 20/01/2015, 11.00 am in seminar room. Around 40 patients attended the lecture. Dr. Sharmishtha Deshpande, psychiatrist conducted the programme.
Department of Pulmonary Medicine arranged ‘Respiratory Physiotherapy’ programme for patients of Obstructive airway disease. It was conducted by Physiotherapist Dr Patil Prajakta on 23/01/2015 at 11 noon in seminar room. Around 42 patients were present.
‘Smoking cessation’ lecture for patients was held in Department of Pulmonary medicine. It was conducted by Dr Deshpande of Psychiatry dept. for patients in seminar room on 27/01/2015. Around 40 patients were present for the programme from 11am-12 noon.
’Prevention of TB’
’Prevention of TB’ lecture was conducted in seminar room at 11.00 am. It was conducted by the PG students of the dept. for patients.
Respiratory Diseases & Inhaler Therapy
Educational programme on ‘Respiratory diseases & inhaler therapy’ was taken for patients of Obstructive Airway Diseases on 02/02/2015, 11.00 am at seminar room by Dr Meenakshi Bhakare. All faculty members were present at the time of education.
‘Dietician advice in respiratory diseases’
Dietician advice in respiratory diseases lecture was taken in seminar room from 11 am to 12noon for patients of Obstructive Airway Diseases on
10th, 14th, & 18th Feb. 2015 at 11 am at seminar room by Dr Meenakshi Bhakare. All faculty members were present at the time of education.
Yoga for patients of Obstructive airway disease
Department of Pulmonary Medicine arranged lecture on ‘Yoga for patients of Obstructive airway disease’. It was conducted by Physiotherapist Dr Nisha Shinde on 20/02/2015 at 12 noon in seminar room. Around 43 Patients were present.
‘Acceptance of your illness’
Acceptance of your illness’ lecture was arranged for patients on 28/02/2015, 11.00 am in seminar room. Around 40 patients attended the lecture. Dr. Sharmishtha Deshpande, psychiatrist conducted the programme.
TB health awareness programme
On the occasion of World TB Day, TB health awareness programme was held for the patients in seminar room, 11.00 a.m.
The Speakers 1) Dr.Meenkashi Bhakare 2) Abhijeet Bhandari 3) Sridevi Valvi 4) Dnyneshwar Joshi
Total 65 Patients attended the programme
18th November 2015 on COPD Day patients education programme organized by Pulmonary Medicine Department & Cardio Respiratory Dept of Physiotherapy. Programme arranged in Seminar Hall, Pulmonary Medicine Department, SKNMC&GH
"World TB day 2016 Programme" celebrated in Pulmonary Medicine Dept. in collaboration with PSM Dept. on 29th March 2016. Arranged street play, Quiz & Poster Competition for Lab technicians, Nursing staff, MPW & MSW, at College Bldg. Auditorium 5th floor from 2.00 pm to 4.00pm. Total of 270 staff members attended the programme. Winners received cash prizes
Poster Exhibition for patient on Health Education on 29th March 2016, at Bldg. no. 1 OPD no 16.
Department of Pulmonary Medicine organized one day “PG MEET” CME on 30th July 2016 in Dept. Seminar Hall invited Pune district all Medical Colleges Pulmonary Medicine Dept. Faculty & PG students. Around 25 students & faculty attended the CME.
Personality Development & Communication Skills Programme organized for Senior Faculty on 4th October 2016.
Dr. Gauri Godbole faculty for lectures on “Personality Development & communication skill” for nursing staff .Organized by SKNMC & GH Nursing dept at College bldg. lecture hall no.2 on 28th Feb. 2017
Dept. of Respiratory Medicine organized a RNTCP Training programme regarding daily regimen & change in guidelines of treatment for PG students & faculty in our hospital on 17/02/2017 Venue:- SKNMC & GH College bldg. ,4th floor , MEU hall, Narhe Pune 41
Dept. of Respiratory Medicine organized World TB Day 2017 on 21st March 2017 at Lecture Hall 1, SKNMC,from 2.00p.m. to 4.00p.m.
Department of Respiratory Medicine organized National Webcast on "Preventing Recurrent Exacerbations- Goals of Treatment". Speaker - Dr. Pattabirman from 31st May 2017 - 2.00p.m. to 3.00p.m. at Bldg No. 1, 4th floor, Department of Respiratory Medicine Seminar Hall.
Dept. Of Respiratory Medicine Organized “Personality Development & Communication Skill Programme” of our staff as follows.
|| Name Of Programme
| 18th Sept. 2017
|| Abhilasha Part II
| 19th Sept. 2017
|| Manthan Part II
|| Senior Doctors
Dept. Of Respiratory Medicine Organized a two day PG Update on Respiratory Medicine West Zone “SUNRISE PG MEET 2017 from 23rd to 24th Of September, 2017 at Hospital Auditorium Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College, Narhe, Pune. For medical colleges from Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh,Chatishgarh & Goa.
World schizophrenia day celebrated on (24th May) 22nd May 2014 by organizing educative programme for relatives of schizophrenia patients.
Conducted workshop on “Stress Management” for students of SKNMC&GH on 08.11.2014.
CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) workshop organized by department of psychiatry for accredited by MMC for 4 credit hours on 7th and 8th march 2015 .
Guest Lecture by Amit Nulkar on Parivartan Trusts INCENSE Programmed Community based Mental Health Care Program 1st July 2015.
On the occasion of ‘World Mental Health Day Department of Psychiatry conducted lecture programme in Dignity on Mental-health on 12/10/2015 for Nursing staff and Residents of clinical and Para-clinical departments. In the college Auditorium lecture was delivered by Dr. Sharmishtha Deshpande and Dr. Avinash Waghmare.
Lecture on "Dignity in Mental Health" organized by Department of Psychiatry on 12/10/2015.
Workshop on Communication Skills on 26/11/2015, 27/11/2015 conducted for Post-graduate Residents of Clinical departments of this college
On the occasion of "World Schizophrenia Day" 24th May 2015 programme was held on 19th May 2016.
"World No Tobacco Day" celebrated on 31st May 2016
Department of Psychiatry conducted a guest lecture by Dr. Rishikesh Behere, Consultant Psychiatrist KEM Hospital, Pune on “Social Cognition & its Role in Management of Neuro-psychiatric Disorders” on 12th July 2016 for College Faculty and Junior Residents.
Seminar conducted by Dr. Sharmishtha Deshpande and Dr. Avinash Waghmare Psychiatry department on “Stress management” for First year MBBS students.
Department of Psychiatry conducted Guest lecture by Dr. Dharav Shah, “Enjoying life free of addictions” on 3rd March 2017 for Graduate & Post –Graduate Students college faculty of this College.
Workshop on communication skills was taken for remaining Post-graduate students of this college on 14th July 2017.
IPS WZB 2017 held at Rajkot from 29th Sept. 2017 to 1st Oct 2017.Dr. Chinmay Deshpande has presented free paper on “Screening for sleep disorders and comorbid psychiatric conditions in medical outpatients at a tertiary care hospital and free poster on “screening for generalized anxiety disorder in the general medicine OPD using GAD 7 scale”.
IPS WZB 2017 held at Rajkot from 29th Sept. 2017 to 1st Oct 2017.Dr. Sufiyan Sirkhot has presented poster on “comparison between the disability and perceived stress in patients with vitiligo attending the Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy OPD of a tertiary care Hospital.
Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy
Hair Transplant Workshop conducted by Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy Department on 24/4/2015 at SKNMC&GH
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals held the drug free distribution camp on 15/2/2016 at Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy OPD
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited held the drug free sample distribution camp on 22.06.2016 at Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy OPD
INTAS Pharamaceutical Limited held the drug free distribution camp on 10/01/2017 & 16/01/2017 at Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy OPD
DERMACON 2017 Conference dated 12th , 13th & 14th Jan. 2017 at Kolkatta attended by Dr. Nirali Shah
DERMACON 2017 Conference dated 12th to 15th Jan. 2017 at Kolkatta attended by Dr. Chandrakant Poulkar.
INTAS Pharamaceutical Limited held the drug free distribution camp on 15/03/2017 at Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy OPD
HEGDE & HEGDE PHARMACEUTICA LLP, INTAS, Gracederma, Glenmark, Pharamaceutical Limited, Adroit, Menarini india Pvt Ltd., Biomed Ltd. held the drug free distribution stall on 23/04/2017 live workshop of Vitiligo surgery (IADVL Maharashtra State Branch) at SKNMC & GH.
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy,conducted live workshop of Vitiligo Surgery (IADVL Maharashtra State Branch) on 23rd April 2017 at SKNMC & GH. Attended by all staff members.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals wish to conduct free sample OPD Camp in Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy Department Dated 19/09/2017 (Tuesday).
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals dated 10th Oct. 2017 (Tuesday). and INTAS Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Dated 9th ,23rd and 30th Oct. 2017 (Monday) wish to conduct free sample OPD Camp in Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy Department
The department of Orthopaedics along with Poona Orthopaedic Society conducted a two days workshop on “BASIC SPINE CADAVERIC WORKSHOP” - A LANDMARK EVENT! on 22nd March 14 to 23rd March 14 attended by 102 delegates from field of Orthopaedics.
Guest speaker- Dr. Shekhar Bhojraj, Dr. Abhay Nene etc.
POSAC 2015 Pre conference Workshop
The department of Orthopaedics along with Poona Orthopaedic Society conducted a workshop on “Basics of Total Knee Replacement” on 04th April 2015. Guest speaker - Dr. Hemant Wakankar, Dr. Nakul Shah, Dr. Devendra Vartak etc.
Skin Divine Pharmaceuticals held the drug free distribution camp on 12.11.2015 at Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy OPD.
CME conducted on Refractive Surgery & Keratoconus on 14th August 2014. (8.30am to 5.00pm.)
Organisers: Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College, Narhe Pune.
Under the aegis of Poona Ophthalmological Society
1) Dr. Rohit Shetty
2) Dr. Mathew Kurian
3) Dr.(Col) V.S. Gurunath
4) Dr. Kishoer Pahuja
5) Dr. Mukesh Paryani
6) Dr. Aditya Kelkar
7) Dr. Ambrish Darak
8) Dr. Kareeshma Wadia
9) Dr. Vardhman Kankaria
10) Dr. Purnima Raman
11) Dr. Natasha Pahuja
Numbers of participants / delegates: 103
MMC credit hours: 2
Academic Activities -
Topic - Cataract & Systemic Association
Date - 29/3/2014
Venue - Lect. Hall No. 2, SKNMC & GH
Name & Dept. of Teachers - Dr. Amit Bhosale Ophthalmology Dept., Dr. Neeta Pradhan – Medicine Dept.
Topic - Paediatric Cataract & Systemic Associations
Date - 1/9/2014
Venue - Lect. Hall No. 1, 3 to 4 pm, SKNMC & GH
Name & Dept. of Teachers - Dr. Rashmi Pathak – Ophthalmology Dept., Dr. Sushil Zope – Peadiatric Dept.
Topic - ARMD / Geriatric Medicine
Date - 02/12/14
Venue - Auditorium Hall, SKNMC&GH
Name & Dept. of Teachers - 1) Dr. Anita Basavraj – Professor , Medicine Dept. B.J. M.C & Sasson Hospital , Pune. 2) Dr. Anil Dudhabhate – Assistant Prof., Ophthalmology Dept. 3) Dr. Sayli Kulthe – Assistant Prof., Ophthalmology Dept.
Topic - Ocular Surgery & Anaesthesia
Date - 3/2/2015
Venue - Lect. Hall No. 01, SKNMC&GH
Name & Dept. of Teachers - Dr. Swapnagandha Halikar –Asso.Prof. Ophthalmology Dept., Dr. Poonam Ghodaki –Asso.Prof. Anaesthesia dept.
Topic - HIV Infection
Date - 12/6/2015
Venue - Auditorium Hall, SKNMC&GH
Name & Dept. of Teachers - Dr. Pratik Sethiya – Medicine Dept., Dr. SK. Srivastava- Ophthalmology Dept., Dr. Sachin Wankhede- Microbiology Dept., Dr. Drubjyoti - PSM Dept., Dr. Ameet Dravid – Consultant Ruby Hall clinic , Noble Hospital, Pune
Title- “Live Refractive Cataract Surgery” 06/08/2017 (2 Credit Point).
Live Surgical Workshop on use of Coblation on 28/3/2015 o. Organized by AOI Pune branch and Dept of ENT. Faculty Co-ordinator : Dr. K. J. Shinde, Professor & HOD
CME on “Endoscopic Ear Surgery Live Surgical Workshop” on 13/9/2014 at SKNMC&GH, Pune
Multispeciality CME: Acute Abdominal Imaging held on 24 July 2014. The CME was accredited with 01 credit hours by MMC and was attended by 150 delegates.
7th Annual Radiology Update 2014 “Live Intervention Ultrasound Workshop” on 16th November 2014. The conference was accredited with 02 credit hours by MMC and was attended by 400 delegates from Maharashtra Medical Council.
Academic activities Conducted
Modern Obstetrics in Rural Setup, half day session conducted on 1st April 2015 under the aegis of Dr. Shantanu Abhyankar, Director, Modern Clinic, Wai. Attended by 60 delegates.
Core Biopsy Hands on Dummy on 9th June 2015 by Dr. Praveen Langare, sponsored by Bard India Health Care, Mumbai. Attended by 65 delegates.
Live Workshop in CT & USG Guided Core Biopsy full day session conducted on 16 June 2015 by Dr. Shridhar Khajindar, Interventional Radiologist Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune. Attended by 70 delegates.
Obstetrics & Gynecology
1 . DIAGNOSTIC HYSTEROSCOPY WORKSHOP, 22nd & 23rd APRIL 2014
2 . 23RD COLPOSCOPY WORKSHOP 2ND ,3RD JAN 2014 Attended by Five delegates.
3. 24TH COLPOSCOPY WORKSHOP 11TH ,12TH MARCH 2014 Attended by Six delegates
4 . Diagnostic HYSTEROSCOPY WORKSHOP 3,4th July 2014
5. COLPOSCOPY WORKSHOP 25TH ,26TH JUNE 2014 Attended by Five delegates
6. COLPOSCOPY WORKSHOP 23,24 thSEPT 2014 Attended by nine delegates
7. Colposcopy workshop 18,19TH November Attended by three delegates
8. DIAGNOSTIC HYSTEROSCOPY WORKSHOP 25, 26TH NOV 2014
9. Knot tying workshop- 18th and 19th June 2014 -attended by interns and postgraduate students.
10. SBA Training(Govt. Training) conducted by dept for Nurses on 5th to 25th Nov 2014. Attended by two Nurses.
11. . SBA Training(Govt. Training) conducted by dept for Nurses on 3rd to 24th Dec 2014. Attended by two Nurses.
12. Integrated Mini lap & CAC (Govt. Training) conducted by dept for Medical officer on 4th April to 14th April 2014.
13.Integrated Mini lap & MTP Training (Govt. Training) conducted by dept for Medical officer on 9th June to 26th June 2014.
1. GUEST LECTURE: 11.2.2015
Topic; Gestational Diabetes Mellitus –Screening
speaker: Dr Yagnik(Consultant Diabetologist KEM Hospital Pune)
Conducted in Department of OBGY
2. Street Play: 14.3.2015 -International Women’s Day conducted by the students of Karve Institute Of Social Work in front of the Casualty.
Theme:”Save The Girl Child- Say no to female foeticide”
Attended by Dr Naphade ,Dr Sachin Dagade
3. Health talk: 27.3.2015 –World Tuberculosis Day
MSW posted in the department of OBGY gave Health Talk on Tuberculosis in lecture hall 4 for class IV.
Attended by Dr Naphade ,Dr Sneha Trivedi
4. GUEST LECTURE: 11.2.2015
Topic; Gestational Diabetes Mellitus –Screening
speaker: Dr Yagnik(Consultant Diabetologist KEM Hospital Pune)
Conducted in Department of OBGY
5. CME: 17.3.2015
TOPIC: Menopause- Restart
Organized by: Wyeth Pharma
Speaker: DR J S Potdar
Conducted in Department of OBGY
6. ‘World Health Day ’ the Dept of Community medicine in collaboration with Dept of OBGY & state IEC Bureau ‘Arogya Mela’.
Food safety : Farm To Plate
Date 8 April 2015.
7. The Breast feeding week : OBGY Department has organized a workshop for Nursing staff on 5th Aug 2014 .
Speakers : Dr. Pushpalata Naphade, Dr. Shilpa Bhat , Dr Sonali ingole
8. Workshop on diagnostic hysteroscopy:
Speaker: Osama Shawki.
Date: 29th June 2015.
Conducted by dept of obgy
Attended by 20 delegates
CME on “Breast Feeding” 06.08. 2015, in collaboration with Dept of, Pediatrics, Dept of Community medicine in Auditorium from 2-.4 pm.
“Breast feeding week celebrated” on 1st to 7th Aug 2015 at SKNMC & GH.
Different program conducted during week questioner filled up by patients awareness of breast feeding among patients.
• Workshop conducted with collaboration PSM & Pediatrics guest Lecture Dr.Wani.
• Street play performed in ANC OPD.
• Quiz competition in PNC ward & prize distribution.
PPIUCD Training for Government Nursing Staff was conducted on 16.03.16 , at OBGY Dept .
PPIUCD Training for Government Nursing Staff was conducted on 18.03.16 , at OBGY Dept.
Department of OBGY has organized a guest lecture on “Role of sexual history in medical practice” by Dr. Alberto Domingues – Bali, MD, PA on 11th April 2016 at SKNMC&GH, Pune.
On the occasion of “Matru Suraksha Din” (Safe Motherhood Day) Dept. of OBGY has organized a poster competition on 11th April 2016 at SKNMC&GH, Pune
Dept. Organized USG Workshop on Clinical application of Ultrasound Scanning in OBGY from 9th,10th,16th,17th Sept.17 Attended by – Dr.G.S.Shekhawat,Dr. Hemant Damle, Dr.Potdar Jyotsna , Dr.Ketaki Junnare,Dr.Sachin Dagade, Dr.kishorkumar Hol ,Dr.Sameer Darawade ,Dr.Surekha Gawade,Dr.Ganesh Mhaske, Dr.Sonali Ingole,Dr. Shrikant Khetmalas ,Dr.preeti Vadhera, Dr.Hirala Shivale, Dr. Aditi Gore ,Dr.Aparna Sasane,Dr.Arundhati Gaikwad.
Dr. Uma Bhosale, Professor HOD & Member Secretary Institutional Ethics Committee delivered a lecture on “ Ethical issues in Medical Research” in Research Methodology Workshop in SKNMC & GH on, 20th, 21th , 22th, Sept. 2017
Dr. Sammer Kulkarni – Basic Course as a Instructor on 19 & 20 September 2017 organized by Department of Critical Care Medicine venue – Bharati Hospital & Research Center, Pune.